Re: Kim on EDP (DelayMode mod!)

Andy said:
>>Isn't the feedback setup different in Delay Mode too?
>>In Loop Mode the feedback changes at the loop end.
>>In Delay it can be used to fade out just a bit of the loop!

Kim replied:
>no, the feedback is exactly the same in both cases. It doesn't
>matter if you are in loop mode or delay mode. Feedback is a live
>control at all times, and you can always manipulate it during a loop
>to just fade out one portion while maintaining another.

hm, while it does not seem true that "feedback changes at the loop
end" (did we understand you, Andy?) its not exactly true that feeback
is the same in Loop and Delay mode either:
While Mute is active, in LoopMode the FB is fixed to max, in Delay
mode its what you set it to. In other words: in LoopMode, Mute is
also "Hold" while in DelayModes Mute, the delay continues "updating".
Also, the DelayModes Overdub is not just "inverted", its really
"Hold", so the FB is kept at max.
This may sound complicated, but in use, LoopMode is handy for looping
and the DelayMode simply reproduces what any ordinary delay would do.

>>Can I pester Matthias for a MIDI controlled input mute to compensate?
>
>you can try, but it will be your fault that the LoopIV software
>takes longer to finish. :-)

thats true. We discussed it off list to find a way to create a MIDI
only command to just mute the input, independent on the state we are
in (also during Record...).
Are there more users interested in this (after you consider what Kim
explained about using the pedal and maybe Quantize)?

Then Andy came up with a simpler idea that I will implement if nobody
rejects it totally:
In DelayMode, during Multiply, we will consider the state of Overdub,
which means that if Overdub is on (was activated (Hold) before the
Multiply started), the input continues off and FeedBack at maximum
during the whole Multiply (including rounding).
I find it consistent and that way everone has a simple way to do a
silent Multiply. How is that?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org