Re: two minds

I think its more simple than that, the two styles just need different names
or terms so they arent just lumped into "looping". I am not just a looper,
I'm a musician and I make full use of all resources. Sometimes that means
sitting down in the studio and going over every agonizing detail until its
three in the morning and you're on take 106....sometimes it means grabbing
the EDP and a couple random instruments. I dont find very much difference
between the two because theyre both very musical. In both cases youre
taking
an idea and doing something with it, its just a matter of how far you want
to take it. Sometimes I come up with some really great spontanious ideas
performing live but I wish I could develop them more. Instead they
dissapear
with my bad memory when I hit the off button.

The one thing I dont think should be in this catagory are the people who
use
acid without original loops. I may grab someone elses drum loop or bass
note
from time to time but the base of all my composing comes from myself and my
original ideas... but this may be a whole other discussion that has
probably
already been nailed into the ground.

Anyways, the hardware may be different and the outcome may be different,
but
the process and the idea are the same the way I see it.