Re: unknown "looping" device

>I can only agree. The trumpetplayer in our ambient-project is using
>the D-Two, and it definitely qualifies as a live-looper.
>Kim, why isn't it in the "Tools of the trade"-list?

It may not be the reason, but for me there is a strange taste to the unit:
In '88, when I discovered the basic functions for the later LOOP
delay, I proposed t.c. to include them in the 2290 and spent a
weekend with them, explaining the use of it. I thought it was an easy
software upgrade for a great machine, but the main engineers (yes,
his name was Kim, too) final reaction was: "Its not worth it for a
few esotherics".
So I had to build a machine from scratch. A while before they
released the D-Two, I contacted him again, saying that it had become
clear that there was a public for such a tool and proposing to
include the function in newer t.c. units. There was no reply.
So when the d-Two came out, I found it strange that they even made a
dedicated delay, still disregarding the loopers needs totally.

Fine that you can make something out of the D-Two, but imagine how
much easy it would be for you and how simple for them to include some
real Record function or a bit more...