Re: Classical Music Influences; EDP technique

Title: Re: Classical Music Influences; EDP technique
How about Stravinsky?  I highly recommend Les Noces for those who don't know it -- especially in the recording conducted by Pierre Boulez.  One thing I love about this period Stravinsky is the superimposition of two or more songlike elements in two different rhythms.

I've been doing something interesting with syncing a drum machine to my EDP that, come to think of it, is sort of Stravinskylike in this way. First I record an loop of, say, 14 medium-tempo beats.  Then I sync my drum machine to it (8ths/beat=8) in a 4/4 rhythm, say an irregular jungle or acid-jazz type beat.  The drum machine is now playing at a rather slow tempo.  Then I add some delay to the drum machine, and generally play around with it until I have something intriguing.  I end up with the drum machine synced to my loop, but not in any straightforward "this is the beat for this melody" way -- it's a kind of random polyrhythm that I tweak to taste.