Re: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

KILLINFO@aol.com wrote:

> Dave,
>
> In a message dated 9/25/01 12:25:50 PM, improv@peak.org writes:
>
> >Ted Killian's list includes a lot of other composers that I love as
> >well, but I'd like to include Satie and Ligeti as well.
>
> How could I have forgotten Ligeti? Geeeeeeeeeeez! The title of my CD,
> Flux Aeterna, is a modified version of a title one of one of his pieces,
> Lux Aeterna. I, indeed, am a dooofus!!!! Sorry.
>
> Oh, and I do like Satie too, I just don't own any CDs of his.
>
> If I were any dumber I wouldn't know how to breathe.
>
> Ted

that's okay. i got the beethoven sonata wrong in my post last night. i
MEANT to recommend no. 30 (opus 109), not 31 (o. 110). i like 31, but 30 is
quite a bit more interesting. i grew up listening to a recital by daniel
barinboim (sp?) that i've been thus far unable to find on cd. the gould is
not worth getting, imo, as he tosses it off at a crazy tempo- but there
should be a few good examples of it around...

ligeti rocks :-) xenakis is another...and satie is irreplaceable!

lance g.