Re: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

At 12:39 AM +0100 9/25/01, Stephen P. Goodman wrote:

>Jerry Goldsmith (I still like his stuff better than John Williams').

Jerry is much beloved by the musicians he works with. At his 70th
birthday bash the party favors were baseball caps with a little white
pony tail made of yarn, and an inscription, "Yo Jerry! You are one of
us."

>  As a coincidence, for the first time an American conductor -
>can't remember his name - did the honors.

Leonard Slatkin

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com