Re: New Thread: Classical Music Influences on Us

At 06:41 PM 9/24/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>but have you guys/gals checked out 'Threnody for the Victims of
>Hiroshima'
>>by Krzysztof Penderecki?

I usually put a cd on 'repeat all' quietly throughout the night while I
sleep; Robert Rich, Eno, Steve Roach, shakuhachi, bansuri, etc... One night
last week I'd been playing Penderecki, and decided to sleep to Threnody. I
only made it a couple of hours before I woke up and had to shut it off!

>have you seen the score for it?? absolutely amazing. as is most of
>pederecki's work (and by the way, its pronounced pen-der-eski, not
>-ecki).

According to this <http://www.cs.rit.edu/~spr/polish/names.html> it's more
like  "pen-der-ETski"...

I'd still like to know how to pronounce Varese, though...

-t