Re: conceptual art and improvisation/Abstract vs. concrete

Title: RE: conceptual art and improvisation/Abstract vs. concrete
true, but the methodology i meant was the 12-tone system.
i have a "chromatic" approach in that i like to explore sonorities that
fall outside western diatonic sounds, but i don't feel the need to
remove a sense of tonic to do so.  i appreciate his somewhat
mathematical approach (pitch class manipulations, combinatorial sets, etc..),
though i think of my approach as more geometric. i'm not sure i can explain what
i mean by that, we'll have to wait til i have some music available on-line...