Re: definition of ABSTRACT..........was: Re: conceptual art and improvisation

"Songs" and "music" are different things.
I prefer listening to music generally because it has the power to evoke, or
at least hint at, states of consciousness not normally alluded to by
lyrics.
In fact I can't think of ANY lyrics that speak of other states of
consciousness, unless specifically drug induced. But then my knowledge in
this area is curtailed by the fat that I prefer music to songs, (back to

Gareth