Re: dt harmony-central repeater review

Sorry Kim!  I thought I was defending you ("Conflict of interest...I don't
see
it.")  I'm not angry, about the Repeater Review, you seemed angry that
people had
done them for Harmony Central, and not LD.  I forget not everyone is a
slacker
like me!  There's no way I could keep a site like LD going!  It seemed
like you
were anxious to get one, and I just thought you didn't think my review was
deep
enough.  I admit, as a guitarist/synth guitarist, I don't really use the
Repeater
for it's remix/DJ capabilities (most of what it seems to be designed for,
but
more on that in a second post...).  I would imagine someone who did a bit
of both
with the Repeater would have a more complete review.  Anyway, no ego here,
really just thought my review was not all that comprehensive.  I never
have even
tried to get something to synch to it's midi clock.  I'm glad you liked it
though, and post it away, whenever.

Man, I totally appreciate LD and the amazing labor of love that it is.  I
don't
think there's a day that goes by that I don't start a conversation with my
wife
that starts, "Oh there's this thread on the LD list..."  She's actually
thinking
of joining in on the fun!  So is my friend Dan, who I just spent the day
with,
going over the ins and outs of loop based music.

So keep on keeping on Kim.  If I were you, I'd review away and post it.
Start
with a disclaimer explaining what you do and who you are.  I found your
list
posts about the
Repeater to be EXTREMELY helpful.  Who better to review such a device than
someone who's been in the belly of the beast!  Frankly, I think by
pointing out
serious flaws you most definitely helped Electrix.  Moderator posts on
their
Repeater forum talk of correcting the flaws you brought up.  Maybe
Electrix will
chip in for your site!  They should!

Mark Sottilaro