Re: OT:Octave choice

I've had no experience with the Dan-o octaver or DOD, but I've used the
Boss, and its tracking is spotty in the extreme ranges. For the bucks I'd
go
with the Digitech Whammy. I demo'd the original (and most popular) model
back in the day when it first came out, but by the time I ordered it, it
had
morphed into the somewhat unpopular black model. I have zero complaints
with
it.It generates one ovave up, two octaves up, and one octave down from the
original pitch. Additionally, it generates a mix of one octave up and one
octave down in conjunction with the original signal. And then of course
there are all the other intervals it will generate along with the zany
pedal-portamento effect. I believe the newest (and slightly more popular)
model has the "dive bomb" pitch effect which drops the sound five octaves
or
so, sounding like a turntablist putting the brakes on vinyl if you play it
right. Or for those whose hair resembles a poodle's, sounding like Eddie
Van
slamming his Floyd Rose into the face of his custom Strat.
    If you add up all the octave possibilities and it's ability to track
single note lines really well AND its cool glitchiness when you feed it a
comlex chord, its possibly the best bank-per-buck octaver out there.