Re: Rick replies for the last time on this subject

Hi all....
I have been on the list for some time now, and on occaision have chimed in
with my two cents worth of opinions, questions, and rants. I even got to
meet several of you on the recent Bass Looping Tour, something for which I
was humbly honored.
I wanted to now, in this time of such heavy emotions, toss out a few words
of thanks to everyone on the LD list.  For me personally, it has been and
continues to be a great source of ideas, inspiration, and techniques for
an
art form I still learning.
Yes, I use a JamMan and a DL4. No 'peater, no 'rang, no EDP, but I read
each
post of these other instruments, and (usually) find something in each
thread
which deals with or inspires me to techniques I can use with my own setup.

It seems like such a great and unique way for artists to exchange ideas
and
critiques, and inspirations....and, most of all, help each other to be
creative in their musical endeavours!
For that concept alone I tip my hat in salute to Kim!  What a radical
concept: a forum where people can actually help each other!!  Is there
some kind of prize we can nominate Kim for?
I have exchanged ideas, via this forum, and because of this forum, with
many
immensely talented artists....many of whom I now count as my friends.  I
have rec'd off-list e-mails from members offering ideas, concepts,
congratulations, and questions and advice.  For me, and my ever-evolving
loop-work, this list has been a God-send.
Yet...for the past few weeks, many threads have degraded to a lot of
bitching, name-calling, personal attacks, and, of this past week, many
perhaps heart-felt but inappropriate comments on the state of world
affairs.
Please...let us all get past this and return to the list to the
inspirational reading I used to enjoy each morning with my coffee.
In regards to looping machines, and such: to those of you who do not feel
the Repeater is all it can be: Hey....at least you got one!  Your
interest,
and the money you invested will keep the companies interested in
developing
loopers! Your comments, even those of you who seem a bit confused or
disillusioned, help those of us who do not ( or have not yet) bought one!
Thank you for sharing all those comments and reviews!  Thanks to all the
EDP
users for sharing their "found" or "discovered" techniques and
applications.
  Believe it or not, everytime I read one of these kinds of threads, I
find
myself thinking of how that could be effected by own rig...with my limited
technology.  Thanks to all you!
Max