Re: OT Re: Roland Wave Processor

Mark Hamburg wrote:

>Here is what I would like (or think I would like):
>
>Per string fuzz into per string filter (e.g., something like the slow
>filter
>setting on the Line6 FM4). I'd like to have the filters for the strings
>offset based on the tuning relationship of the strings with the ability to
>sweep all of them using an expression pedal. I'm thinking in terms of a
>hexaphone Line6 DM4 followed by Line6 FM4 set up -- probably with some
>simplifications to each of the stages.
>
>Will the VG stuff do this?
>
>Will the VG do a decent Pat Metheny GR300 brass sound?
>
>Mark

I think the Wave Processor is a great idea, but agree with Mark that I
would like to see something a little more full featured.

How about a basic synth architecture thing, per string having your waveform
choices, modifiers (filters, delay lines) and then controllers, i.e.
envelope generator, envelope follower and LFO.

I'm picturing a faceplate like a old SH era synth, with roughly the density
of a Korg Electribe unit in terms of knobs and buttons.

I also would like to hear more from VG users about strengths and weaknesses
of the various VG's.

Best-

Mark