From: Kim Flint [mailto:kflint@loopers-delight.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 2:36 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Repeater Latency

no, that is absolutely nothing to do with the problem I noted. The direct
audio path through the repeater apparently passes through the digital
domain and the dsp processor and encounters a significant latency in the
process. It's quite noticeable to me when I play direct through it. It does
this right out of power up. Whatever you are talking about below is some
other problem that has nothing to do with what I experienced. You can
easily do a test of this. Just run some source material direct through the
repeater and in parallel in your mixer. don't record any loops or anything,
just direct through repeater vs parallel path. To me it sounds like a short
slap back delay. when I play direct through it, I can definitely feel this
delay. I'm sorry, but this seems like a fundamental architecture thing, not
something that is fixed with a few lines of code.