OT: Vocode the band

If I may ask about a nonlooping piece of Electrix gear that is in the rack
of many loopers, what have been people's experiences with using the Warp
Factory in a live setting? I'm pondering running mics (contact mics?) from
other players' setups (say, the high hat, a bass or guitar amp, or the
vocals) into a small rack mixer and then choosing an input to modulate
guitar or bass (loops or nonloops). Do band mates tolerate this kind of
(a)
wiring all over the place and (b) hijacking of signal?

(Actually, I am relatively new in town [SD] and not currently in a band,
but
the urge grows stronger daily, and my Warp Factory purchase on ebay may
well
be the last straw.)

Thanks,

Roger Morrison