RE: OT - 9-11-01 -- looping prayers

Did'nt want to offend anyone, however the way I felt when i read Petr's
original post, just made me tut, and think "great we need another weirdo
right now".
I typed a mail and wished i hadnt, straight away.

Of course everyone has their own ways of dealing with this horror, I lit
candles and played a very serious piece of music for a while. I cried as I
was watching television. But i did not mention it (til now) on this list,
because its personal to me and irrelevant to this list. As an atheist I
would prefer someone saying "lets all think about what we can do"to "let us
pray" which I find slightly offensive. And at this particular instance,
where it is looking like the act was commited by a religeous leader I find
it particularly offensive.

Matthius asked me if I was nervous,... Damn yes! This is a third world war
we are talking about. The "article 5" discussions going on today are
formalising this. As in, is retaliation an American responsibility or the
respnsibility of the world?

Glenn also had a go at me, but I cant bear to reply to him as I dont want
to be flamed, but in a sentance, NO I would not die for my country, I am
English, I currently live in Norway, and have lived in Spain the UK the US
and Thailand. I care for the world and its people, I dont care for its
religeons or nationalism. As for "freedom", what is that? If you mean
democracy, yeah! OK I get it, but "FREEDOM" is a word that Americans do
like to bandy about like its a right. Are people in the US free? from
poverty, from injustice? from rascism?

I apologise sincerly to Petr for cutting into him, I just want to hear
sober, considered, simple views and not I realise that I have a problem
with religeon and beliefs. I will try to work on that side of myself and
have more acceptance in the future.

humbly

MArk Red

                    "Kevin

                    Mulvihill"             To:
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>

                    <kmulvihill@med        cc:

                    iaone.net>             Subject:     RE: OT - 9-11-01
-- looping prayers

                    13/09/2001

                    11:30

                    Please respond

                    Loopers-Delight

I think Mark's comments quite appropriately reflected the immense
frustration and sadness we all feel that looping, engraving, making icons,
etc., doesn't really do anything in a very tangible way to save one of
those
already lost, or prevent the loss of even one more citizen. I didn't
respond
to the earlier post because I figure each to his own - we're all working
through our pain in our own way. For me, I have been writing a lot of
lyrics. But I also feel the anger and the frustration too, and I can
understand exactly where Mark was coming from.

Kevin