RE: Importing & Exporting Repeater WAVs

The pre and post information is actually just audio data. When you press
record, Repeater has already been recording so you have a little bit extra
audio at the beginning of your loop. It also keeps recording a little bit
after you finish recording. This give you some buffer material for trimming
(among other things). The silence is separate from this. We don't think the
silence is a feature but there are reasons why we couldn't get rid of it
for
the first OS release. It might be something we can do something about in a
future OS but definitely not in the next one. So if you "trim cut" you get
rid of the extra audio data but not the silence. "trim cut" basically
discards anything on the other side of the trim points. This will make the
file a little easier to trim the extra stuff of in a PC WAV editor.

Respect,

Damon Langlois
Creative Director
Electrix