Re: Problems with LD website

At 04:27 PM 9/7/2001, Mountain Man wrote:
>I tried browsing the LD website for the first time in quite a while
>yesterday.  I've done it successfully in the past (and a nice site it is
>too!) but when I tried accessing the archive/index, I was frequently
>getting blank pages with only an advert/banner on it.

could you give me a link for which pages you saw that were blank? I
checked
a few and they were fine.

We are in the midst of a server upgrade. Attempts are being made to do
this
transparently, but my confidence that it will actually go that way are a
little low. So it is possible that the ride will get a little bumpy in the
near future.   The server got rebooted several times yesterday in testing
something related to this, so it is possible you encountered one of those
events.

BTW, you don't need to post global mails to the entire world when you see
problem on the LD site. A mail to me letting me know so I can fix it is
fine.

>Is there
>something I need to do (pay money? <g>) to be able to get to all the
>messages?

you are welcome to pay me money if you want to. :-)  Your enjoyment of
Looper's Delight is mostly funded by me, and it ain't cheap. Any donations
that you would like to make to help pay for it are very welcome. there are
little "donate to Looper's Delight" links all over the site to make this
easy. You can even use your credit card.

>This is frustrating.  Also, I posted through the site, and my
>post never showed up.  Can someone clue me in?

there is no interface on the site to allow you to post that way, so this
comment is a little baffling. what do you mean?

kim