RE: Using a Looper with a mixer

Hi Richard,

How should I analyze how I want to manipulate my sounds?  How do I learn
so I can better understand the musical implications of series/parallel
and pre/post faders?  I have Craig Anderton's book about effects and I
understand at a basic level things like delay should come before reverb
and compression should usually be first in the signal chain as well.  I
am using a line mixer to combine the sounds of all my synths into a
single audio pair which I can then begin routing in series through my
compressor, delay, looper, reverb or send to a mixer where I blend in
these effects using aux busses.  But which is the best way (musically
and quality) is what I am not sure about.  For me, keeping everything in
series is more time efficient when setting up and tearing down my rig,
but if it is going to sacrifice potential musical and sonic quality and
flexibility then I would bring along the external mixer and use the aux
bus approach.

Thanks,

Steve