Re: GEAR LUST and CREATIVITY

>I've heard similar stories about Segovia & Julian
>Bream - breaking a guitar string & carrying on as if
>nothing had happened. I've read that Paganini would
>break violin strings on purpose during a performance
>for dramatic effect.

One of the most impressive string breaking episodes I've ever seen
was Bill Frisell breaking a B string a few minutes into "High Plains
Drifter", an ultra-episodic John Zorn piece for the Frisell quartet
that lasts about 15 minutes, goes through something like 60 sections.
Frisell just played the rest of the piece as if nothing happened, and
sounded great.
Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer