RE: Octophonic sound system

>>speakers placed around the listener, but above and below as well

That's why i talked about using 2 joysticks. One for making the sound turn
around the listener, and the other one to control the "altitude".
This implies that you have a good software to mix the sound and drive an
corresponding amount to each speaker, and at least 6 well distributed
loudspeakers.
RAF.