Re: voice + elctronics festival

With all this talk of Big Sur, I have to throw this in..

Back in '95, I start communicating with a small group of people who had all
been reviewed in Alternative Press at the same time, back when Jim Santo
was
still reviewing cassettes. With the indepedent nature of all, I suggested,
well hey, why don't we put on a show? So one of the reviewees ran with the
idea and began WE Fest that went on for 5 years after that as an indie-only
exchange that took place in Wilmington, NC with bands coming to perform
from
all over  and abroad. The fest was a week long, with all performers with
their own slots at different clubs around Wilmington. They threw
independent
zines and microbrews into the mix as well.. It became this indie day camp
of
sorts, and was an incredible experience to play for an audience comprised
of
people from everywhere.
I think that these "collectives" need to happen much more frequently, and
that there does need to be an East Coast version of Big Sur as well ( I
wish
I could afford to fly).

One last note..is anyone on this list practicing in music therapy?  Thanks
for the time on this one. Good night..
Jehn