Re: OT: Electrix at Musician's Friend

Just a follow-up to my post from last week.

Someone suggested going to the American Musical Supply site for a Warp
Factory.  I did and the $89 unit was a scratch-and-dent special, which
proceeded to go from "In Stock" to "Backordered" before my very eyes.

At this point I contacted my local music store (Ron's Guitars in Groton,
CT, where I've done a fair amount of business) about the Warp Factory they
then had on eBay.  They wouldn't be able to  match the $99 price if the
auction fell through (which it ultimately did), but said they would try to
work out a fair deal with me.

At that point I called the Guitar Center in Manchester, CT, about an
hour's drive away.  They had three in stock and were willing to sell me
one at the sale price; I live just outside the 50-mile limit for shipping
so they could send it to my home.  I bought the unit, then sent an e-mail
to Musician's Friend canceling my (back)order.  I also visited Ron's
Guitars the next day to tell them I'd found an alternate source; they
thanked me for considering them first (and of course I will continue to
give them my preferred business for other items).

The Warp Factory was on my front step yesterday.  So far, so good.  Looked
like a factory-packed unit and seems to work as it should.

Good luck to all of you in these trying times...