Re: Cubase: Loops&Latency

Why is there a need to snip the loop before copy/paste? Usually once you have a loop that fits, the copy process is painless- alt/drag is even easier- hope you get it sussed out- Cliff
----- Original Message -----
From: JoE Silva
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 9:41 AM
Subject: Cubase: Loops&Latency

From: Goddess <thefates@earthlink.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
  Joe, I've actually had the same problem with another software package.
what I di to solve it was simply to set the bpm of the software to that
listed with the loop I wanted to import, and then import it.

Thanks Goddess. This seems to work, particularly when I make sure that I use the same sample rate that the loop was originally recorded at. There's one piece of this puzzle missin though. Even once I have the loop working audio wise, when I snip it and then try and cut and paste it into a new bar, the resulting new audio all of sudden will not loop correctly again. I beginning to wonder if this has to do with the latency of my cheapo Soundblaster (audio buffers=5, buffer size=6000), or if I still don't have the science of looping in Cubase down pat. Any thoughts?

Frustratingly yours...JoE