RE: turntable instrument?

hi all,

i did an installation a couple of years back for a final year assignment
for
my BA which used old 78`s and recordings of the "classic" composers, all
looping in knife etched grooves on eight turntables arranged in a large
circle in the performance space.  the audience, in this case the class, all
sat inside the circle and I moved around the outside changing volumes and
discussing the circular philosophy informing the piece.  that was a lot of
fun and got a good reaction from the group.  they suggested i hook up some
sort of robotic setup to control the turntables to create some of robotic
decomposed composers setup.

As per John Cage, i understand he used turntables quite a bit, and soem of
his scores are explicitly written for them.

cheers
michael