Re: droning questions

I was surprised to see a number of guitars with sympathetic strings in Tin
Pan Alley, (London) the other day. Didn't get any manufacturer's names but
there was a thing calling itself an electric sitar with 12 sympathetic
strings under a Perspex cover and a sitar type bridge. Tuning of the extra
strings was done with a sort of autoharp/dulcimer key. Another type of
guitar ran the sympathetic strings at an angle to the main guitar strings
and under them, where they intersected. It had a protruding pseudo-neck
coming out at an angle along which the sympathetic strings ran. That was
about £300.

Gareth