Re: [ElectronicMusic] mp3.com

Thanks for the postings.... I thought it was just me having a problem
getting new material onto my page at MP3.com. I've had a song in limbo for
about 4 weeks now and, as usual, no response from them.

A friend of mine was experiencing  a similar situation until he signed up
for the plan and suddenly his songs were posted.

I've been with MP3.com for several years and during that time watched as
they tried scheme after scheme, starting with the "My MP3"  and ,IMHO,
moving away from the basic strength of the site: Providing an uncensored
space where musicians  of all genre could get there work out to other
musicians and music fans. Maybe not a great money maker, although I
probably bought more DAM cd from them than I did
"commerical" cds this year.

For now I'll probably leave my stuff there as I'm just beginning to get
some notice, but I'll be looking into the other sites.

Since the new "Pay to get paid" is month by month, I suppose you could
write for several months, sign up for one month and do a hell of a lot of
posting. ( Their DAM cd program is still a great deal.I was just getting
ready to post another when all of this happened. )

Anyway that just my take on it....

Will Green