OT: MPC2K / midi bank changes

Hey folks -

sorry for the off topic, but this group is so smart (suck up, suck up)
that I
think I can get my question answered by someone with a minimum of fuss.

If there is anyone who is familiar with a) Akai's MPC 2000 and/or b)
sending
midi bank changes to a synth module....

I have an MPC, and an EMU Orbit synth module. I finally figured out how to
assign program changes to the MPC tracks, but I am being stymied by the
MPC
in sending bank changes messages, so that Track 1 looks for bank 0,
program
55 on the Orbit, Track 2 looks for bank 3, program 122 on the Orbit, etc.

If anyone can help me out, I would be extremely grateful. As a sidebar,
anyone familiar with Adobe Premiere or AfterEffects that could answer a
question on panning around an image would be super helpful too.

Thanks a ton.
- Crossedout@aol.com