Re: fretless looping guitars

my 2 centesimi for this thread:
the godin glissentar i ordered long ago just arrived on monday (thanks jon)
and i'm having much fun with it--i like the fact that, as well as being
fretless, it sounds quite different from a guitar (though not quite like an
oud, either) .  I'm also finding it easier to adapt to the lack of frets
than i thought (and i love the feel of sliding around the flat ebony
fingerboard)--at present, alas, my glissentar playing still sounds a lot
like my guitar playing only with more erratic intonation, but it seems to
become "natural" fairly quickly.
Definitely an instrument worth checking out, i think it's priced reasonably
too.