Re: Feedback control

DT quotes then writes
> steve@steve-lawson.co.uk writes:
> <much snipped>
> ah, i understand now: this was, indeed, a thread on the specifics of your
> current set-up.....
> for some reason -the subject line of the thread, maybe, & the fact that i
> must have missed the original posta on thisall- i thunk ye were weighing
>the
> value of 'this' ctrl against 'that' ctrl.
> sorry!
>
> >It also
> >means that I can fade things out, and then back in, which you can't do
> >with feedback, as far as I know...
> right, of course: i have that kinda control, also: by foot w/a pcm42, by
>hand
> w/the EDP.
> though, the feedback-control is an extremely valuable tool for
>loop-evolution;
> (i also employ the pcm42 feedback control via pedal, & the EDP feedback
> control is at my right hand.....)
> best,
> dt / S-C

Yeah, Ideally you'll have both - I do like the idea of fading from one
loop to the next - I've heard Eberhard Weber do this
with an EDP - good effect. I create a similar effect by fading a loop by
foot whilst looping with another box - ie. JamMan
with loop gets faded by volume pedal, whilst stuff being played is being
looped with DL4...

I'd never argue for less control, though too many controls can lead to
control being limited... As GAry has quoted me saying,
I'm not planning on adding anything new to my setup til I'm completely
conversant with what I've got - I'd rather hear
someone playing with an 8 second JamMan that they knew inside out, than
looping clumsily with 14 EDPs or Repeaters all linked
up, as I'm sure any of us would.

Once I've nailed the current set up, it'll be time for bigger boxes :o)

If you're in London, this Friday I'm playing supporting David Friesen,
please come along - see link below.

cheers

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk