Re: DL-4, Feedback control & the lost thread

William of Tucson:> Control on the DL-4, someone (I wish I could remember
who to credit),

Me!  Me!!

> suggested this just yesterday on a thread about another stereo looper.
> so here it was (applied to the DL-4):
> Input (guitar synth in my case) to an A/B "Y" switch.
> A: straight through effects to amp/mixer.
> B: to the DL-4 left channel input
> (here's the brilliant part of that thread)
> DL-4 left channel output --> volume pedal --> DL-4 right channel input
>-->
> right channel output --> volume control --> amp/mixer
> Needless to say, this formation of spaghetti on my floor has breathed
> a-lot of new life into this pedal (DL-4) until I buy a second looper.

Glad to help!  This is what I've sort-of been doing for a while.  Do you
need to set the DL4 into "one shot" mode or something?  Doesn't the
external
fb not just add to the internal fb?

Another William, this time of Fruit:
>Are you guys talking about degenerative feedback? If so, there's no need
>for it to be built into the unit. I've built an external device that
>works great. It pulls part of the output from the unit and directs it
>back into the input. Full control over amount can be controlled by hand
>or foot.

Sounds like the same idea.  As I said when I think I may have started this
thread, the one drawback with this is that you can't get 100% regeneration:
eventually, 99.9% will disappear and 100.1% will swell and distort.

The best cheap looping device for me would be the new Zoom GFX8 which has
tap-tempo delay and swell-pedal type feedback control.  If it had more than
6 seconds max I'd get one today.  It's frustrating, particularly when
there's loads of unused memory going to waste providing 12-second phrase
trainers.

Mike