EDP MIDI sync problem

Hi,

I'm a proud new Echoplex Digital Pro owner, which I love. However, I'm having
a problem syncing the EDP to a MIDI clock coming from a drum machine/sequencer.
I've got the MIDI Out of the drum machine to MIDI In of the EDP; I've also got MIDI
Thru on the EDP to a separate (#2) drum machine's MIDI In.

The drum machine #1/sequencer is set to generate MIDI clock & it's MIDI channel
is set to 10. Indeed when I start it & the EDP is on I can successfully sync the
second drum machine to the first drum machine's clock (can change tempo
on drum  machine #1 & drum machine #2 matches it all day).

However, even though I've got the EDP set to 'Sync In' & set to 8/8s beat & set to
MIDI channel 10, any loop I put  in (after starting the drum machine #1 clock) does
not seem to follow the tempo of the other drum machines. The loop goes in, but
when I vary the tempo on drum machine #1 (which drum machine #2 happily
follows) the loop I've put in the EDP stays the same tempo.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for your
time.

Regards,
Byron