Re: Feedback control

> steve@steve-lawson.co.uk writes:
> >Just to throw a vote in for the pedal brigade, I'm happier having
>expression
> >pedal control over feedback than I am with a preset feedback control.
> huh, what?
> if the 'expression pedal control' that yer talkin' about is merely for
>loop
> 'playback volume', well..... you could use any old volume pedal for
>that, non?

..not unless you've got a separate pathway round the loop for whatever
you're playing over the top. I've got my signal split
so that the JamMan is in a separate audio path, just so that I can cut
down on hiss, but the DL4 has all the signal going
through it, so I need to be able to turn down the loop volume without
losing what else I'm playing...

> (if one feels truly pedexterous, one could use 2: 1 at output, 1 at
> input.....)

I've got three - one for the JamMan, one for the MPX and one for the DL4...

> anyway, it's clear that i don't understand this kinda 'either/or'/'rather
> than' approach, here.....
> if one has an option for controlled-feedback on the looper, then :
>invariably
> : there's an increase in the possibilities for loop-evolution-options,
>seeing
> as how 'volume' changes can always be controlled by 3rd-party volume
>pedals.

definitely - I guess I didn't see it as a discussion about both, but more
as a response to Kim saying that a loop box without
feedback control was useless. I'd love to have a DL4 with a feedback
control, that would be great, but as it hasn't got it,
I'm more than happy with having an expression pedal control the 'mix
level', which is what it's called on the box... It also
means that I can fade things out, and then back in, which you can't do
with feedback, as far as I know...

cheers

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk