Re: Jimi

Well, here I am writing about an off-topic.
Firstly a confession, or so it might seem in a time
when prejudice against age is rife. I am 51 years old.
This means I heard Jimi before I heard post-Jimi
music. I am very reluctant to idealise anyone, but the
sheer power of his sound, compared to the creampuff,
stuff getting around (at least in mass circulation)
was a total liberation. When one artist makes a
quantum leap it does inspire others to try to do so in
THEIR OWN WAY as much as it spawns a myriad of
imitators. If you hear Jimi after his imitators, of
course he does not sound so revolutionary. My playing
does not owe much to Jimi but my enthusiasm to find
ground breaking ideas does.
Of course Les Paul had some amazing live sound on
sound stuff going on really early on, triggering
(tape) "samples" from his guitar. I am trying to
one-up anyone, but since recently joining the forum
would like to thank all contributors for broadening my
mind.

      more power to you all!     John