Re: Jimi

At 8:35 PM -0800 2/25/01, PaulPokr@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 2/25/01 10:56:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>chambrad@valinet.com writes:
>
><< For me, Hendrix is just another guy in a
> > documentary on the history channel, like say, Louis Armstrong. I
>listened
> > to it as music history education, and that was about it. That's
>probably
> > true for most people under the age of 35....................... >>
>
>I don't know. How many boxed sets of Creed's, Fuel's, Filter's, Marilyn
>Manson's, Kid Rock's, et al will they be selling 25 years from now? Most
>of
>today's popular music can't hold a candle to Hendrix's and others of his
>era.
>That's why people are still listening to it.

Don't be so sure, Mr Marsalis. In 25 years, the current young generation
will be in charge of VH-1, classic rock radio programming, film studios,
etc. If they behave like the baby-boomers, they will produce loads of
documentaries glorifying the great coming of Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit, and
how music was dull and dead before they descended from the sky to change
everything. They will play these things over and over again on VH-1 until
everybody believes it. they will fill the radio waves with it. They will
make lists of the 100 best rock songs ever with "nookie" at the top. And
then they will release special edition Kid Rock box sets that will launch
to the top of the charts as aging Gen-Xers rush out to buy it and
romanticize their youth. That business model works great now, why give it
up?

kim