EDP Noise

Hello all-

My EDP is very noisy, making a loud buzzing sound even when it isn't
connected to my sound system.  Is this typical?  My EDP has had its
power supply replaced recently due to overheating problems, and I
suspect that this is where all the noise is coming from.  I have an idea
that it may be related to the relatively large (by modern standards)
amount of hum that accompanies any looped audio.  Does anybody else have
any experience with this problem?

-Hans