Re: Gobs o' expression pedals

Take a look at the offering from Kenton. The Control Freak is a great
MIDI CONTROLLER that is affordable and bullet-proof! Excellent
construction and user friendly. I think it's less expensive than the
Peavey. Plus, the button placement is at the top of the slider, no
accidental triggers! They offer two different models, the standard
8-fader model ($350) and the studio edition 16-fader ($420). Prices
include shipping.

check it out at the following:

http://www.soul-fruit.com
http://www.kenton.co.uk

I offer group discounts and will do everything I can to support your
purchase! You won't find a better source for information, repair and
modifications.

Be Well

Will Brake
Soul Fruit

PS
It is not my intention to spam this discussion group. I'm trying to
provide information and affordable alternatives to other products.
Please keep this in mind when you contact me.
Richard Zvonar wrote:

> At 8:47 PM -0500 2/24/01, Mountain Man wrote:
> >There's a description of a homebrew mod to a Peavey PC1600X that
> >will support up to 16 expression pedals (the unmodded unit supports
> >2).  It's described in a link off of:
> >http://www.defectiverecords.com/pc1600/pc1600.html
> >
> >I'm considering giving this a try.  BTW, if you're looking for the
> >"ultimate midi controller", I'd recommend giving the Peavey a
> >serious look.  I've had mine for about 4 months, and it's becoming
> >the backbone of my midi setup.
>
> Thanks for this!  I've had a notion that this might be a good way to
> go, so I'm glad to know the someone has done it successfully.
>
> I also have a PC1600 (the older model).  I agree that it's a great
> unit, with one reservaton - the placement of the sixteen channel
> buttons is unfortunate. It is very easy to hit one by mistake, and
> because there is no status LED you can tell at a glance what the
> state of the buttons is.
> --

> Richard Zvonar, PhD                     zvonar@zvonar.com
> (818) 788-2202 voice                    zvonar@LCSaudio.com
> (818) 788-2203 fax                      zvonar@well.com
>
>                  http://www.zvonar.com
begin:vcard
n:Brake;Will
tel;work:248-583-1856
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http//www.soul-fruit.com
org:Soul Fruit
adr:;;2900 Rochester Road;Royal Oak;Michigan;48073;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:wbrake@home.com
title:Owner
fn:Will Brake