Re: Jimi

I believe a major reason Hendrix checked out was
because he had
lost touch with how to do something new, a
spiritual/creative cul-de-sac.
He was becoming a parody of himself.

  Right wing conspiracy theories concerning Jimi's "suicide" aside.This
just doesn't hold up to the facts.Hendrix created the treasure trove we
are still mining in 3-1/2 years.His later work shows
development,promise,and vision.(All this despite the extroadinary
upheaval of his personal life that sudden fame had created).Any careful
listening study will reveal that inspiration was not something the man
lacked.He was constantly expanding the limits of the musicians he worked
with and the available technology.
 We wouldn't have this forum if it weren't for Jimi Hendrix.