Re: In/Out, Labeling, Media Intelligencia, and other things...

        I didn't mean to disparage Joe Satriani, who obviously is an
outrageously gifted guitar player. The squeaky door really does sound
great... I recorded a ten minute solo of me playing a huge WWII
rusty-hinged iron door in an abondoned bunker out in the Marin Headlands...
it sounds like immense heavy metal feedback, (really).
         I am a saxophonist and after my band "Overdriven Cultists" got
sucked up by a software Company that then moved to Seattle,(I turned down
the same oppurtunity), I started looping (again) with the Boomerang. I have
become quite adept at setting up bass & drum sounds with my mouth. Of
course, I have hit the ABA wall.
        Coming from an improvisational background, I don't think of loops,
midi or multiple recording as a Band, it can't share the moment or an idea,
but like Max wrote, I think of loops as tools, (Great for Rave stuff).
         That said, I am planning to get the Repeater, and am interested in
a  group buy/discount if that is available to me, (I don't know anyone on
this list). Either way I am getting it. I might even keep the Boomerang,
because its like a piece of licorice, so easy and yummy. Oh, there is no
way to insert a loop with Boomerang, you can layer til you run dry, but its
all one loop.
         I come to looping form the Jon Hassel/Eno-Fripp tradition and
utilize an ancient Vox woodwind pickup that I have in my second-string
mouthpiece. It works magic with Dr Q, they are very happy together. Add a
boost or distortion and the world looks promising again.... despite Bush.

                                                Jonathan