Re: Looper Construction Kit (was Re: 1U PC for Kyma)

> > is this a money making venture?
> > it seems to me that your entire market may be the four
> > or five (?) kyma users here on this list...
>
> I thought I'd give it a try.  Mostly to finance buying more Kyma
> parts/accessories and encourage more developement.  It has taken me
>about 9
> months of work to write this stuff so it has been quite an effort.  Some
>of
> the Sounds are handy for non-loopists and, if I make it cheap enough,
>maybe
> my market will be bigger that you five Kyma users.  :)  (Four, if I don't
> count myself.... :D )

hey, i understand wanting to protect your work,
and i would have no qualms about throwing in some cash...

> > are user defined microsounds interpreted?
> > i am still crawling with the kyma, but i am a software
> > developer (windows) and do intend to dig deep into
> > the system...
>
> Microsounds are little chunks of DSP assembly code.  Kyma provides a
>great
> framework for stitching these together.  My Sounds look and behave just
>like
> the standard Kyma Sounds.  So far I've got about 20 new Sounds and I'll
> probably have at least 5 more.  This doesn't count my examples which are
> built from these Sounds.

i gather you can't just assemble them and distribute the objects?

> I think it would be great to have more Kyma developers!  I encourage you
> dig into this!  If you don't know it already, I'd read up on Smalltalk
>as a
> good beginning.
>
> Dennis Leas
> -------------------
> dennis@mdbs.com

never learned smalltalk.
i need to get through the basic manuals first.
(no small step)
my work schedule has been murder lately
it's hard to go through technical manuals when
your brain has been mashed out all day.
soon there will be fullness...

can't wait to get some giant loop clouds going...
multidimensional loop-scapes?
whatever and ever...