Re: 1U PC for Kyma (was Re: Llive llooping, Cardiff, Wales)

i haven't really shopped around but i checked out the place i bought my
last pc.

they have a 1 rack space basic pentium iii system for $1009.
http://www.micropro.com/main.cgi?CONFIGURATOR

don't forget the flat panel monitor...
i think a touch screen would be the way to go.
haven't researched prices there either, but a quick look at
pricewatch.com showed a 12 inch (tiny could be good) costing $825.

even without touch screen a flat panel costs at least $400 and the larger
ones are much more.

i heard of a place that configures the whole system with pc, screen, keys
and mouse
all rack mounted with keys on a shelf and monitor slides out and rotates.
can't remember who/what/where....

of course, we are talking about looping with this setup
looplooplooplooplooplooplooplooplooplooplooplooplooploop
there!