Re: audience for 'out' music = derivitative of jazz

Out of lurking mode for a tiny bit here:

> Andre Lafosse wrote:
> So the cross-breeding bbetween academic
> > new music and rock  goes way back, though it really seems to have come
> > to a head over the last few years.

I'm currently reading Between Rock and Hard Places, a Musical Autobiodyssey
by Tom Constanten, a hard core academic new music guy who played for a
short
while with the Grateful Dead.  The book is full of anecdotes about other
people that have straddled the same fence - Phil Lesh, Paul Dresher, Terry
Riley, and so on.  A very entertaining read.

BTW, hi to Alex Stahl.  I think that last time you saw my daughter, she was
a babe in arms. Now she's in college.  We must be having fun, because the
time is sure flying!