Re: Audience for "out" music

Dave Trenkel :

>at least among the
>Marsalis/Burns axis.

>I think that what Dave Douglas, among others, is doing
>is really the mainstream of jazz for the present day, he's just considered
>a radical because his history of jazz doesn't end in 1965.

yeah, no kidding...I was waiting for Burn's history of jazz to get to
Kenny G for chrissakes.  whazzup wit that?

wouldn't that have been cool?  go off for 18+ hours about how Louis
Armstrong is arguably the most important musician of the 20th
century...

...and then show Kenny G riffing on top of the old master himself...

sorry, couldn't resist.  i am not well.

rich