Re: OT:Re: Audience for "out" music

Pete Mundt wrote:

> I dont think it's just your imagination, but you neglected to mention
>some
> of the modern day standards, Tortoise, The Sea & Cake, Isotope 217? With
> players like John McEntyre, John Herdon, Jeff Parker,Bundy K Brown, Rob
> Mazurek, Chad Taylor, & Dan Bitney? How could you not respect that?

Hi Pete,

In my original post I made mention of Thrill Jockey records, which I
believe releases albums by nearly everyone you mentioned above.  I
thought it easier to name the flagship label, as opposed to the roster
itself.

I'll also readily admit I'm not so well-versed in the "post-rock" (weird
term, I know) realm as I might like, so perhaps you could recommend some
listening?  I did have a copy of Tortoise's TNT for a while, and while
there was some very interesting stuff on it, I did find it rather
emotionally detatched (to my ears, at least...)

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com