Re: Z. Vex´s Stompbox looper...

Steuart.Liebig@maritz.com writes:
>my impression was that he had not done a whole lot of research into the
>looping world.
i think yer wrong, there; i talked w/zach about this looper, years
ago.....
incl. discussions of pitch-triggering/CV-pedals..... & i'm pretty sure
that i
was not the only one to do so.
zv's mfg. decisions seem to be based upon what *he* likes; freaky as he
may
be, most of what he creates is frightfully cool, for me!

>as this was about a month ago, i have no idea how current this info is.
>i'm pretty interested in the whole idea, but wonder how useful it'll be
>for
>most of the people on this list.
everybody's different, right?
*-)
best,
dt / S-C
2 new CD's (@ 75ARK.com,amazon,cdnow,virgin,tower,artist-shop.com,etc)
1) SPLaTTeRCeLL:::OAH (full-length CD)
2) SPLaTTeRCeLL:::ReMiKSiS:::AH (CD & limited edition vinyl; mega-EP,
w/remixes by Charlie Clouser (NiN), Carter Burwell, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Dan
the
Automator, Tim Bowness(NoMan)/SPLaTTeRCeLL, Yoshihiro Hanno, Fernando
Aponte,
& Gareth Williams..... & 1 add'l SPLaTTeRCeLL track)

the american press, on SPLaTTeRCeLL ::: OAH
"Destined for cult status, this should be the guitar record of choice for
electronica admirers--- or the fave electronica album for guitar fans."
            BillBoard Magazine (usa)

"..... a chillingly wonderful instrumental CD. Brilliant stuff."
            Keyboard Magazine (usa)

"Torn is perhaps the hippest creator of cut-and-paste music you're likely
encounter. Case in point is SPLaTTeRCeLL ::: OAH. OAH is a bold leap
forward
for the forces of organica--- those who believe that the hybrid of live
performance & digital editing is the most exciting musical place-to-be."
            ReMiX Magazine (usa)

"It's the kind of experience that had me shaking my head & saying, 'Holy
shit, what was that?!'. Other flash guitarists can give you occasional
transcendent licks, but on this (SPLaTTeRCeLL) CD, Torn gives you a
67-minute
cosmic package".
            Alternative Press (usa)

"Damn, this is one gorgeous mind-wrangle of a record!"
            Splendid

SPLaTTeRCeLL: http://www.gaalore.com/davidtorn.nsf/Pages/soah
Solid States: http://www.gaalore.com/davidtorn.nsf
List site: http://www.egroups.com/group/davidtorn