tempo considerations: answer to Miko B

I could be mistaken, Miko, but I think the Batteries got that trick form
the
Ramones
who actually would count,  "one, two, three, four" at a blazing speed and
start one of their
fast songs.  They would do this five songs in a row at exactly the same
tempo and on the
sixth song would give the same fast count and play a really slow, dredgey
song, PERFECTLY in tempo.   It was a hilarious and extremely well rehearsed
piece of theater.

About the Batteries.   They did their very first gig opening for Tao
Chemical (my band at the time that was starting to be pretty successful,
regionally).   On their first gig, they tore it up and were soooooo tight
it
was astonishing to me (we had learned to play by practically writing songs
in public performance).   I learned later that the genius behind the band
(and the autocratic leader) Tony Canipe  had made them rehearse,
religiously
several times a week for an entire year before he would let them play in
public.   I heard that it made band members grumble at the time but their
debut was so damn impressive that they very quickly developed a rabid local
following.   I miss them!!!!
    There is something to say about really having your proverbial shit
together when you perform.
Steve Lawson impressed the hell out of me with his command of his gear the
fluidity with which he changed 'parts' as he looped during the recent Solo
Bass Looping Festival.

...........and...............a Welsh looping festival.................go
Gareth!!!!!!    I only wish I was independently wealthy so that I could
trot
around the world and perform at these exciting
new events!!!!

yours, in the loop,   Rick  Walker (loop.pool)