RE: R: opinions on analog - USB converters

Thanks, Kim.

I was kindof wondering about that, too.  I didn't think Apple had
invented it, just that they decided to take the risk and move away
from the serial ports.

If USB isn't terribly friendly to audio, why are so many people
implementing it into their hardware?  I seem to be seeing it all over
the place.

Is the Logic/Emagic Midi box the best way to go?  Right now i am
using MicroLogic on my powermac 7100, which only allows me to open
one file at a time.  This completely stalls me when cutting and
pasting for compositions...especially with drum loops.  Thus, i'm
interested in moving on to a full featured software package.  I was
planning on migrating over to Cubase, since i would like to swap
files with someone who is using Cubase on PC.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a USB midi box that would work
smoothly with Cubase on the Mac?  Also, does anyone know if the
Cubase files will be cross platform to the PC version of Cubase?

thanks,

rich