Re: Sync SR-16 With Echoplex--Also! Change patterns thru MIDI

Gary said in a brilliant explanation:
>  >Now, you don't really have to sync the drums; if you are precise
>enough and
>>the loop is not too short, you should be able to start both at the same
>>time.  The PMC is great for this since it has the ability to start
>non-MIDI
>  >devices which use a footswitch.

I never thought of this option. How can you play in the correct speed
if you dont hear the drum first?
So you have a PMC switch that sends StartSong and Record simultaneously,
right?
And then you press the same switch again so the Drum restarts when
the loop is closed?
Or do you have another key that just sends Record to close the loop?
On principle, it would be possible to make this second Record press
quantized to the coming Drum clock... would that solve a problem? For
other users, too?

Michael said:
>Hi!  Thank you for responding.  Well, starting the drum machine, pressing
>record on the EDP and begin playing - all at the same time - is a bit
>much.
>  I was hoping it would be a bit like syncing tape - press play and off
>you
>go.  Is there no easier way?

I did not quite understand how you imagine this operation...
Which is first? Or together?

>Perhaps I'll try the PMC-10 - if it will start both functions
>simultaneously.
>
>Right now, I don't know if the EDP is actually seeing the drum machine.
>No
>reference point.

There is: the left green dot in the MULTIPLE display flashes if the
MIDI clock comes. If it does not:
- Sync parameter is not set to IN
- MIDIclock is too fast (lower drum speed/measure or EDP 8th/beat param)
- There is no good cable between Drum MIDI-out and EDP MIDI-in
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org