Re: flexible amplification to loop el. guitars

or... plug yer favorite old amp's speaker output into the Groove Tubes
SEII
then to all yer favorite toys then to the console. I don't know how well
this baby works but I know you can get em.
I use and love an Allan Holdsworth Harness which is similar to the GT SEII
These allows you to use vintage tube amps direct through signal
processors/ loopers to capture your favorite tube amps tone
in the beginning of your chain...... or.... anyone?
-cheers
TS

http://www.groovetubes.com
got to studio gear under SEII

>>> manx172@hotmail.com 02/08 10:39 AM >>>
>So:
>I recommend to basically work flat and use colored guitar amps only
>for certain sounds, maybe one or two layers in the loop. For the
>others you will find nice new colors going directly from some effect
>pedal to the PA and stuff.
>And you end up liking sounds that dont remind master XY whom you
>like, but whose CDs the others have at home, too!

I play with a guy who also cherrishes the sound of a good old fashioned
amp.(rightly so!) With our set-up, we tried to accomadate him, but because
of space issues, he ended up drownding everyone else out, and he couldnt
get
the looper/amp combo to sound right.
We found a peice of gear called the "ampulator". It doesnt sound "just
like
an amp" But its damn close for the purpose of using a looper with a
guitar,
in a live room. Nice rich tones, and less mess(noise,hiss)than using an
amp.
Might be worth a shot!
Pete.