Midi Control + JamMan + straight into overdub

Many thanks to all contributers to my question about midi delay.
Conclusions:-
1) JamMan responds slowly (thanks Miko)
2) MFC10 responds slowly as well
3) the fault isn't with the  Midi standard (thanks Matthias/Kim)
I did some tests using the MFC10 as a 'Keyboard', and
there's definatly a delay, when I went back to a 'real' keyboard
for comparison it felt like the notes were coming out before I played them.
Well 'don't buy Yamaha unless it's the only thing available' seems
to be the moral, (apart from 'there's lot's wrong with the JamMan').

On a more positive note, I found I could program a footswitch to
end tap a loop and go straight into overdub. There's a small
(non-glitching)
dropout, but suddenly canons are possible( have to tap slightly before the
beat
to compensate for delay though).

Andy Butler.